The sale was set on the roller hockey rink at the Toyota Sports Center. There were jerseys lining the fencing; tables with sticks, skates, and blades; and there was a table of socks and practice jerseys.
- The white jerseys were $400 and the black jerseys were $600. With the 45% discount they were still $220 and $330, respectively. Hell no! Sorry Teebz, you don't get your Cloutier jersey.
- Pushkarev uses a heavy stick. WOW. That thing was super heavy compared to all of the other sticks on the tables.
- There were a ton of Frolov, Thornton, and Brown sticks.
- I really liked Sully's stick; it was super duper light and the shaft was pretty grippy (if that's even a word).
- I saw an Alfredsson stick there??
- Ivanans is a tall guy, so why is his stick so short?
- The are way more left-handed players than right-handed players on the team, which made it difficult for me.
- One guy working there picked up a Cammalleri stick and said to his buddy, "I'm surprised this Cammy stick is still here." Well, dude, it's probably because it's the only one laying on a table with about 100 other sticks.
My loot from the sale:
- I only saw ONE Blake stick, so I snatched that up (obviously).
- I picked up a Brown stick as a gift for my brother. I think I lucked out with the pricing on it, so I'm happy.
- Lastly I bought a black practice jersey. The jerseys with numbers on them were only $5 more than the ones without.
Conclusion: I don't know how much stuff is going to be there tomorrow considering how many people came through for the 30 minutes that I was there. But I'm going to lob a guess and say that there are gonna be PLENTY of game-used jerseys left above all else.