- When they were introducing the coaches for the west, Bailey was definitely in the camera shot dancing!! Awww, I loved that!
- Obstacle Course:
I LOVED the wee net they used!! I was pretty excited to see DiPi
shoot the puck 180 feet across the entire rink to score on his leg.
- Fastest Skater:
I thought Kopi
should have had at least two skills to do. The Fastest Skater event was anti-climactic for me. I think one lap around the whole rink is a much more exciting event than skating for 4.5639327593 seconds. Shawn Horcoff
is actually cute when you can't see that he has one blue eye and one brown eye.
- Elimination Shootout: Mike Ribeiro
looks like Beetlejuice. Dion Phaneuf
: (1) actually has some skills on the shootout, (2) unimpressive on the Hardest Shot, and (3) my new nickname for him is "Woof."
- Young Stars Game:
A little boring. I thought they should have brought in Baby goalies, Dallas' Mike Smith perhaps?
- Accuracy Shooting: Thomas Kaberle
was impressive. Jason Arnott
went to the final and failed to beat the Leaf.
- Hardest Shot: Vinny Lecavalier
surprised me with getting 101.9 mph on his shot. But of course, Zdeno Chara
. What a beast (103.1 mph).
- Breakaway Challenge: Pavel Datsyuk
= BORING. I thought Evgeni Nabokov
gave Martin St. Louis
the shaft on his shots. AO
got the idea with what the league was trying to do with this event.
- If you haven't seen the YouTube clip of Chris Pronger
falling on his face, it is glorious
- I'm posting this here because Finny
didn't want to post it on her blog, but Ryan Getzlaf
's bald spot is growing. I hadn't seen it in awhile, but wow. I'm sure he gets teased to no end by his teammates, so I feel bad. But Getz, Rogaine actually makes its product in foam form now.
- With all the confusion of everything going on, they put up a picture of Scott Neidermayer
while they were interviewing Anze
. Dude....do they even remotely look alike? I was laughing for a while...and then got kind of annoyed that they let that happen.
- And speaking of confusion, with so many guys with mics around the building doing mini-interviews, goalies being mic-ed up, and commentators telling stories and whatnot, I thought it was kind of overkill to be hearing like 17 different people talking at once. What the hell am I supposed to be listening to?
I thought the whole 2 1/2 hours of the Super Skills went by REALLY QUICKLY. It might have been because I was gchatting with Finny
while she was live-blogging. But everything seemed to start and end in a flash. Overall, this weekend is always fun to watch and I'm glad Anze Kopitar
got the nod!!!All-Star Game:
Some flashes of awesomeness and good times all around. Nabby didn't allow any goals during his period in net; Ilya Kolvachuk
had some killer chances though. I have more to say, but I'm too tired because I'm full of Dim Sum. Oh wait, I thought it was hilarious when Commissioner Gary Bettman
was booed when he was announced