- Is there anyone out there watching the Kings at the Jobbing Dot Com arena?
- Dan Cloutier is in net as so is Bryz.
- I will update after each period.
- Cammy's back in the line up and Dallman is suited up again; Willsie and Thornton are scratched. Gretzky's hair is looking very Hollywood and it's got some nice flow to it.
- The Kings gets some opportunities and close calls against Bryz but so do the Coyotes against Clouts. For some reason I'm not too nervous for this game. Maybe I shouldn't underestimate the Coyotes.
- Ivanans gets a hooking penalty and the Kings are on the PK. Sully is applying some good pressure out on the point man. Coyotes Goal - Jovanovski scored through traffic at 5:50 and Crawford is beyond pissed.
- The top line gets a big rush to the net. I really like this line's lateral passes coming across the blue line. Although it's only when Sully doesn't pass it back to the blue line when no one is there. Why do you do that so much, Sully? You gotta be selfish sometimes.
- Kings Goal - JJ keeps the puck in the zone at the blueline, Purcell picks it up and cycles it in deeper, Ivanans (3) then picks it up and tosses it at the net with Boyle providing a screen at 8:30. DAMN.
- I really don't like Clouts' helmet...especially because it's just a solid color.
- Coyotes Goal - Perrault snaps a high shot off from a severe angle after getting the puck with no men on at 15:29. Clouts was caught off balance and the Coyotes are up 2-1.
- JJ is getting really good at getting a player who enters his zone off the puck; I like that he's not being as passive as he has been.
- The first 2 minutes of this period the Kings are keeping the puck in the offensive zone and they already have 4 shots on net, which is a good sign of the Kings coming out fast early.
- The Coyotes are definitely more physical on the Kings top line than on their other lines.
- Boyle makes a good hit behind Bryz about 5 minutes in; I like that he not only uses his size but that he also has soft hands on the puck. This is his 8th NHL game and he has 4 goals and 1 assist. Beastly.
- Coyotes Goal - ..by Brad Stuart (Winnik) at 6:44. That definitely wouldn't have gone in, but I'm not gonna knock Stuart's effort on trying to get back to help out Clouts.
- There is a mad, mad scramble after JJ takes a bomb toward the net. Boyle is in front of the net trying to get a rebound and he's taken to the ice by falling over Bryz. Ballard and Boyle both are off for 2 minutes and it's a 4-on-4. Stressful moment = A Coyote takes a shot on from inside the blueline, Clouts stops it but can't find it!!! My god, if that went in.....
- Kings PP - After one minute, Kopi takes a hooking penalty and it's 4-on-4. They can't clear it and the Coyotes are up for one minute.
- Kings PK - Bench minor against the Kings at 14:21. Crap. Ok, that was just about the funniest PK I've ever seen. Stuart's stick gets caught up in Clouts' equipment somehow and Clouts is just looking ridiculous with a stick coming out of his padding. Stuart tries to grab at it, but is unsuccessful until the 3rd try. Jim Fox says that if he had made a save, it would probably have been a stick save. HILARIOUS.
- Kings PP - Weak. Period is over and the Kings have won only 14 faceoffs compared to the Coyotes 24. Bleh.
- Carcillo receives an unsportsmanlike conduct penalty after the horn blows.
- Barbs is in net for this last period...and apparently Clouts isn't on the bench.
- Kings PP - Kings Goal - Cammy passes the puck to Stuart who shots it toward the net, and Brownie (26) redirects it past Bryz 37 seconds in.
- Brownie upends a Coyote and his skate blade hits Boyle's visor dead on...oh my god. If he wasn't wearing that visor...
- Kings PP - I like seeing Purcell getting some specialty team minutes. He got some time on the 4-on-4 early and he's out there now. Boyle and Ballard are going at it with their bodies and their mouths. (Side note: Boyle's hair is very late 90s.)
-13 minutes left and the pace is getting faster and more scrappy.
- Kings Goal - Fro (16) gets the goal after a long shot from Stuart at 8:38. Fro's got 12 points in the last 7 games. QUITE BEASTLY.
- Kings PK - AND then Modry takes a penalty and it's a 2-man advantage for one minute for the Coyotes. JJ is hurt by a blast by Mueller and he can't get off the ice. The Kings can't clear the puck and Barbs can't grab it out of the air. This is ridiculous. Stuart doesn't have his stick now!! Coyotes Goal - Vrbata at 12:54. That just fucking sucked. The Kings were exhausted and couldn't get the puck out of their zone. How frustrating. Coyotes are up by one, 4-3.
- 6 minutes left and JJ is going to the dressing room. 3:25 left and JJ is back! Whew!
- The Yotes have 16 shots on while the Kings only have 6. What the hell.
- 1 minute left and they pull Barbs. The Coyotes are controlling the neutral zone and the Kings can't get in the zone to set anything up.
- Kings 3, Coyotes 4
- That was frustrating; Jim Fox said it best when he said that "the effort was there."