LOS ANGELES CA - NOVEMBER 11: Drew Doughty #8 of the Los Angeles Kings sustains a cut after a boarding penalty to the Dallas Stars during the third at the Staples Center on November 11 2010 in Los Angeles California. (Photo by Harry How/Getty Images)
- I'm tempted to limit this to one bullet: the Kings are now 11-3, which ties the 1974 Kings (9-1-4) for the best start in franchise history. The '74 Kings didn't get their 11th win until their 21st game.
- The Kings are 1st in the Pacific, 1st in the Western Conference, and -- by WIN% -- 1st over-all. Washington has two more points, but they've played two more games.
- At this point, just assume that Quick played his ass off until someone says otherwise. There's no point in recapping it.
- One of the things Justin Williams does really well is taking a quick step laterally to change the angle of his shot.
- I had Ryan Smyth, Jarret Stoll and Williams budgeted for 20 goals apiece this season. They're on pace for 41, 29 and 23.
Scott Parse's screens on goals two and three made those plays happen. They did not touch the puck and did not get assists. I wish I had the energy to keep track of those sine-qua-non non-assists.
- I only got one look at it, in real time, but it looked to me like Dustin Brown embellished that elbow/interference, drawing the penalty. I could be wrong.
- Michal Handzus is a UFA next summer. I really can't imagine anyone in the Kings depth chart being able to do what he does. I don't care if he's old. Give him a three-year deal at $2.5MM, or something similar, and let him be (as I've been saying for months now) the forward version of Obiwan O'Donnell.
- Congratulations to Kyle Clifford on game ten.