- Kings are 8-0-0, undefeated at Staples. Best home start in franchise history
- Kings are perfect on the PK at home, and lead the league in PK percentage.
- Drew Doughty got on the scoreboard big time. Goal, assist, power play point, and +1 on the night.
- Justin Williams scores again. He has scored in every game during the home stand.
- Kevin Westgarth got in his first fights of the season, and definitely held his own.
Despite the fact that they were playing the Islanders, this was one of the most complete games that the Kings played. Everyone was responsible defensively. Jimmy made a great point that all the Kings players on the ice were constantly collapsing down low, and making sure someone had possession before they left the zone. Also,on the PK, they were extremely aggressive, and limited the Isles to almost no chances.
Anze Kopitar first goal was beautiful, and the second was a perfect example of crashing the net and being persistent. He has learned so much from Ryan Smyth, and that is a great example of why Deano picked him up. He got his 300th point tonight, and he will definitely be getting a lot more.
This team, even without Willie Mitchell and Ponikarovsky has played phenomenal The upcoming road, home, road trip will be a pretty good test, as the Kings will be playing some of the elite Eastern Conference teams. Hopefully they continue the fine tradition of the West pummeling the East.