Today's games and what you want and why (you're a Kings fan, by the way). In descending order of importance.
- Los Angeles Kings vs. New York Islanders. You want the Kings to win. Why: click here. Also, you want Scott Parse to do what he's doing in that picture.
- Nashville Predators vs. Columbus Blue Jackets. You want the Preds to lose. Why: because we are fighting with them for a 4-8 spot. You really don't want them to end up in 4 or 5, if the Kings are going to be 5 or 4.
- Phoenix Coyotes vs. Chicago Blackhawks. You want the Yotes to lose. Why: (1) same as Nashville logic above, want to avoid 4 v. 5 matchup. (2) Phoenix being invincible is freaking out Kings fans and maybe the Kings too.
- Detroit Red Wings vs. Vancouver Canucks. You want the Wings to lose. Why: because the Wings are within shooting distance of the Kings now, and that must stop. You want to avoid playing Vancouver in the playoffs, but now it's unclear whether the Kings are going to finish 4-5 or 6-8, therefore you don't know whether you want Vancouver or Colorado to win their division and grab the 3rd seed.
- Dallas Stars vs. Ottawa Senators. You want the Stars to lose, but it's not urgent. Why: they're too far back be much of a problem. Yet.
- St. Louis Blues vs. New Jersey Devils. Same as Stars/Sens. Why: ditto.