The Good: Kings win, Preds lose, Yotes lose.
The Bad: Canucks win, Wings win.
Meh: Blues win, Hawks lose.
As a result...
- Kings jump up to 6th.
- Flames are five points from the 8th place Preds.
- The Canucks have made it past the 95 point threshold.
- St. Louis lives to fight another day.
- Tomorrow's big games: COL/ANA, PHX/CGY.
Here are the standings in points-blown* (if you haven't seen my version of standings before, scroll to the bottom for the explanation):
- San Jose Sharks 48 (1) +12
- Chicago Blackhawks 49 (2) +11
Vancouver Canucks 56 (3) +4 [1st in div.]
- Phoenix Coyotes 52 (4) +8
- Detroit Red Wings 59 (6) +1
- Los Angeles Kings 60 (7) --
- Colorado Avalanche 61 (8) -1
- Nashville Predators 62 (5) -2
- Calgary Flames 67 (9) -7
- St. Louis Blues 69 (10) -9
Anaheim Ducks Minnesota Wild
Columbus Blue Jackets Edmonton Oilers
- Chicago Blackhawks**
- San Jose Sharks**
- Phoenix Coyotes**
- Vancouver Canucks**
- Nashville Predators 0-3-1
- Los Angeles Kings 1-4-1
- Detroit Red Wings 2-5-0
- Colorado Avalanche 3-4-0
- Calgary Flames 5-1-0
- St. Louis Blues 6-0-0
Dallas Stars Anaheim Ducks Minnesota Wild Columbus Blue Jackets Edmonton Oilers
***95 points is the likely playoff threshold. It might end up being 94 or 96.
93 is unlikely to be enough for the teams currently on the outside looking in. At this point, if Calgary gets 95 points, there's only a 1:3 chance of that being good enough.