LOS ANGELES, CA - APRIL 21: Kevin Bieksa #3 of the Vancouver Canucks is called for interference on Alexander Frolov #24 of the Los Angeles Kings during the second period in game four of the Western Conference Quarter-final at Staples Center on April 21, 2010 in Los Angeles, California. (Photo by Harry How/Getty Images)
- Kopitar's line against the Sedins is a bad idea. (That's Anze Kopitar and Daniel Sedin and Henrik Sedin, Mr Auto-Tag and Link.)
- Kopitar's line with Sean O'Donnell and Matt Greene out against the Sedins with the game tied late in the third is a terrible idea. I would have to go back and look, but I'm betting the Michal Handzus line and Drew Doughty had just come off. I understand. Call a time-out. (yes, hindsight is 20/20.)
Randy Jones made a great save. He was a +1.
- I think (will confirm) that Jones and Fredrik Modin were the only plus Kings.
- Can't allow three goals in the 3rd and expect to win.
- 37 shots against. We lose. Game one: 47 shots against, we lose. Shots against need to be under 30, tops. I said 27 before, and I'll stick with that.
- A game of inches, bounces, whatever. I can't really point to any one scapegoat.
- I do think, though, the pace of the game has to be slowed down. Run and gun with the Canucks is not something I'm interested in.
- Roberto Luongo made some Luongo saves. The one on the Dustin Brown deflection. I think there was one other big one. That was bound to happen sooner or later.
- Luckily, we're headed back to Vancouver, where he can freak out again.
- And the Kings can refocus. I do love the road.
- If the crowd energy was an asset in game three, I think the very same energy nudged the Kings over the edge tonight. Too much running around. Loss of control.
- Had to fast-forward through Bettman. Just couldn't look at it. But read what he had to say later, and agreed with him in transcribed form.
- It's a three game series now. I don't think home ice means **** now. The Kings are less nervous. The Canucks are less choky. Ought to be interesting.
- Did the Kings lack killer instinct tonight? Or is that just something that's easy to say afterward? Don't know.