Not only is Chicago's bonus cushion penalty more than estimated (it's at $4.15MM) but eight other teams join the Hawks in having their cap ceiling reduced in 2010-11. Obviously, some of these amounts are trivial, but the Bruins and Leafs ought to feel some pain. Toronto, for example, now has the highest cap hit of any team, at $61.3MM. But that shouldn't be a problem. They can just use the bonus cushion to cover the overage, can't they?
Following is a complete list of estimates.
1. Chicago Blackhawks, $4,157,753
2. Boston Bruins, $1,759,795
3. Toronto Maple Leafs, $1,400,000
4. Edmonton Oilers, $354,500
5. San Jose Sharks, $327,500
6. Vancouver Canucks, $90,000
7. Pittsburgh Penguins, $83,979
8. Montreal Canadiens, $68,751
9. Detroit Red Wings, $50,000