- The Good: Kings won, Ducks lost, Wild lost, Stars lost.
- The Bad: Hawks won, Flames won.
- The Doesn't Matter: Bettman Point for the Blue Jackets.
- LAK @ NYR -- Go Kings.
- VAN @ NAS -- Go Canucks.
- ATL @ PHX -- Go Thrashers.
- WAS @ SJS -- Go Caps.
KEY: Q is my standings, sorted by points-blown (explanation of points-blown here). OFF. is the official (ESPN) standings. PRJ is projected point total for 82 games. PB is points-blown. TO95 is the record needed to get to the presumed (by me) playoff-threshold. GR is games-remaining. R/OTW is wins plus OT wins (the first tie-breaker).R/OT/SO is the team's record broken down into wins-losses in regulation/overtime/shoot-out. So, for example, LAK is 24-22 in regulation, 1-2 in OT and 6-1 in the shoot-out.
- The Kings jump from 8th to a tie for 4th in points-blown. The Kings are 5th in W%. And, yes, still 9th in the deceptive, official standings.
- As it stands, the Kings would lose the tie-breaker to all the teams they might actually tie, with the exception of the Preds. They need to finish some of these SOWs before the shoot-out. Then maybe convert some of those regulation losses to OT/SOLs, and we'll be onto something!
- The Kings have clawed their way back to ten games over .500, which they haven't been since they beat SJS 4-0 on 12/27/10.