Last Night's Results
The Good: STL lost, PHX lost, NAS half-lost, CBJ half-lost.
The Bad: CGY won, DAL won, SJS won.
The silver lining: SJS won in a shoot-out, which doesn't count in the tie-breaker wins column.
Tonight's Meaningful Games
MIN @ NYI - go Moulson.
CGY @ CHI - go regulation.
DET @ ANA - go Wings.
Now, the updated standings:
Click on the headers to sort.
KEY: Q is my standings, default sorted by points-blown (explanation of points-blown here). NHL is the official standings, via NHL.COM. PRJ is projected point total for 82 games. PB is points-blown. +/- is the distance in points-blown above or below the 8th seed. TO 95 is the record needed to get to the presumed (by me) playoff-threshold. GR is games-remaining. W! is wins plus OT wins (the first tie-breaker). R, OT and SO are regulation, over-time and shoot-out, and W and L after each indicates wins and losses for each of those three categories (e.g. R:W is regulation wins, OT:W is over-time wins, etc.).
- The bulk of the log-jam is 4th-12th.
- Three points-blown separate 4th from 12th.
- COL is out. Can't get to 95. (Yes, I know they're not mathematically eliminated; but the point is: if they never lose again, it will still -- at best -- be a crap shoot whether they get in or not; therefore, they're out.)
- STL is hanging by a thread.
- SJS is oh so slightly separating itself from the others.
- PHX and CGY are much worse off than they appear in the official standings.
- MIN, DAL and LAK are marginally better off than they appear in the official standings.