The Good: LAK half-won, MIN half-lost, DAL half-lost.
The Bad: ANA won, NAS won, SJS won.
NAS @ BUF -- Go Sabres.
MTL @ MIN -- Go Habs.
CHI @ PHX -- I would prefer the Coyotes to win, just to keep Chicago from pulling even with the Kings. But I'll take a regulation win either way.
CGY @ ANA -- I would prefer the Flames keep the Ducks down, but in any case NO BETTMAN POINTS.
Now, the updated standings:
Click on the headers to sort.
KEY: Q is my standings, default sorted by points-blown (explanation of points-blown here). NHL is the official standings, via NHL.COM (ESPN has the tie-breakers wrong). PRJ is projected point total for 82 games. LSF is last season's final point total. PB is points-blown. +/- is the distance in points-blown above or below the 8th seed. TO 96 is the record needed to get to the presumed (by me) playoff-threshold. GR is games-remaining. W! is wins plus OT wins (the first tie-breaker). SS and SSGR are season series against the Kings (Kings’ points-earned vs. that team’s points-earned) and games remaining (team name in the SSGR column means that team has won the season series). 2 points for a Kings win, 1 for an OT or SO win, -1 for an OT or SO loss, -2 for a loss. GD is goal--differential.
- 3 points-blown separate 4th from 9th.
- 6 official points separate 4th from 9th.
- The disparity is attributable to PHX's 1-2 extra games-played (depending on who you compare to).
- LAK, DAL, CHI and ANA are clustered with a single point-blown between them.
- Losing last night, the Kings blew a chance to climb into a tie with Anaheim in tie-breaker wins.
- Instead, the Kings are tied at 33 wins (W!) with Chicago and Dallas, two behind Phoenix and Anaheim and four behind San Jose. We need to close that gap.
- That's especially important re Chicago, since we've already lost the season series against them. (i.e. either we beat them in W! or we don't beat them.)
- A Flames loss today and they're all but done. I don't think they'll be able to close out the season 6-1-1. Still, I'm rooting for them to beat Anaheim.