Last night's results
The Good: KINGS WON, PHX lost, CBJ lost, STL lost.
The Bad: MIN won, NAS won, SJS won.
Tonight's Kings-centric meaningful games
CAR @ CHI - Go Canes.
CBJ @ CGY - Go Regulation, Go Jackets.
DAL @ ANA - Go Regulation.
Now, the updated standings:
Click on the headers to sort.
KEY: Q is my standings, default sorted by points-blown (explanation of points-blown here). NHL is the official standings, via NHL.COM. PRJ is projected point total for 82 games. PB is points-blown. +/- is the distance in points-blown above or below the 8th seed. TO 95 is the record needed to get to the presumed (by me) playoff-threshold. GR is games-remaining. W! is wins plus OT wins (the first tie-breaker). R, OT and SO are regulation, over-time and shoot-out, and W and L after each indicates wins and losses for each of those three categories (e.g. R:W is regulation wins, OT:W is over-time wins, etc.).
- Five points-blown separate 4th from 12th.
- PHX and CGY continue to look better in the official standings than they really are.
- DAL and ANA look worse in the official standings than they really are.
- I made a new chart.
- shows the tie-breakers, or tries to.
- W!, same as in the first chart, shows "wins plus OT wins", the first tie-breaker.
- The Kings must pick up ground against PHX and CHI, since the odds of a tie in the final standings is, um, high.
- SS is season-series. The number reflects the relative number of points the Kings have earned against that team. In this column, the Kings get 2 for a regulation win, 1 for an OT or SO win, -1 for an OT or SO loss, and -2 for a regulation loss.
- The Kings have already lost the season series with CHI, and won the season series with MIN. The others are still up for grabs.
- SS is the second tie-breaker...
- ...assuming that only two teams are tied for that spot. If it's more than two, then it's head-to-head-to-head records, and that's too complicated for me to chart at this time when I pretend to actually have a life.
- GR:LA is the games remaining in the season series with that team.
- GD is goal differential, the third tie-breaker.
- Chart is sortable, unless it's broken.