Last night's results
- The Good: CHI lost, NAS half-lost, PHX half-lost.
- The Bad: SJS won, MIN won.
- LAK @ DET - GO KINGS.
- CHI @ TBL - Go Teddy Purcell.
- CGY @ DAL - I don't care, as long as it ends in regulation.
- NYR @ ANA - Go Blueshirts.
- STL @ CBJ - Blue Jackets are down but not out. Go Blues.
Now, the updated standings:
Click on the headers to sort.
KEY: Q is my standings, default sorted by points-blown (explanation of points-blown here). NHL is the official standings, via NHL.COM (ESPN has the tie-breakers wrong). PRJ is projected point total for 82 games. PB is points-blown. +/- is the distance in points-blown above or below the 8th seed. TO 95 is the record needed to get to the presumed (by me) playoff-threshold. GR is games-remaining. W! is wins plus OT wins (the first tie-breaker). R, OT and SO are regulation, over-time and shoot-out, and W and L after each indicates wins and losses for each of those three categories (e.g. R:W is regulation wins, OT:W is over-time wins, etc.).
- 5 points separate 4th from 10th.
- 5 points-blown separate 4th from 11th.
- Standings sorted by W% and sorted by PB are the same.
- The Kings are two points-blown out of 4th and two points-blown out of 10th.
- The Kings are four W! (tie-breaker wins) behind MIN and I doubt they will catch them. But they are only one behind PHX, two behind DAL and ANA and three behind CHI. They need to leapfrog some or all of those teams. Because there are going to be ties that need to be broken, and right now the only team the Kings will trump in the tie-breaker is NAS. They're tied with CGY.