- SJS (2nd), 103 pts, plays PHX (5th), 99 pts.
- DET (3rd), 102 pts, plays CHI (8th), 97 pts. (Sunday)
- NAS (4th), 99 pts, plays STL.
- LAK (6th), 98 pts, plays ANA (7th), 97 pts.
- DAL (9th), 95 pts, plays MIN. (Sunday)
- Currently tied in ROWs (regulation/over-time/NOT-shoot-out wins)
- Sharks won the season series.
- If they end up tied at 103 points, Sharks take 2nd place (winning season-series tie-breaker).
- If they end up tied at 104 points -- and the Wings pick up a ROW -- the Wings take 2nd place (winning the ROW tie-breaker).
Predators, Coyotes, Kings, Ducks and Blackhawks
- still have the potential for a five-way tie.
- IF: Ducks beat Kings in OT, Preds and Coyotes lose and Hawks win. Everyone is tied at 99 points.
- In that case, ROW tie-breaker gives the Ducks 4th, Hawks 5th, Preds 6th, Coyotes 7th (Preds and Coyotes would be tied in ROW, tied in season series, and Nashville wins on goal-differential), Kings 8th.
- Unless Chicago wins Sunday in a shoot-out, in which case 5-7 would be Coyotes, Hawks, Preds (order determined by head-to-head points).
Kings and Ducks
- The Kings lose every tie-breaker with anyone they might be tied with, due to their deficit in ROWs.
- The Ducks win every tie-breaker with anyone they might be tied with, due to their surplus of ROWs.
- If the Kings win, they will finish 4th-6th, depending on the outcome of the Preds and Coyotes games.
- If the Kings lose, they will finish 7th (if Chicago loses) or 8th (if Chicago wins or half-wins).
- If the Kings lose in OT or SO, they will finish 7th, unless Chicago wins, in which case the Kings take 8th.
Preds, Coyotes and Hawks (and Stars)
- Preds, Coyotes and Hawks are currently tied at 38 ROWs.
- If the Hawks win (not in a shoot-out) and the Preds and Coyotes lose, the Hawks leapfrog to 5th.
- If the Hawks lose and Dallas wins (not in a shoot-out) the Hawks drop to 9th.
- Preds and Coyotes tied in their season series, so if they end up tied in ROWs also (they are tied as of now), it will go to goal-differential, in which Nashville prevails (unless Phoenix beats San Jose by a margin that's bigger than the NAS/STL margin by 20 goals).
- If the Hawks and Preds are tied at 99, Hawks win (head-to-head tie-breaker decides).
- If the Hawks and Coyotes are tied at 99, it goes to goal-differential, in which Chicago prevails, unless...
- ...Chicago beats Detroit in a shoot-out on Sunday, in which case Nashville prevails in the ROW tie-breaker.
Likely Final Seeds
The seeds are listed in descending order of likelihood. Seeds in parentheses indicate much lower probability. Chicago, LA and Anaheim have a range of 5 seeds depending on the outcomes of this weekend's five games.
5th, 6th (4th)
5th, 6th (4th)
6th, 7th (5th)
- Kings win, take 5th.
- Nashville wins and takes 4th. Plays Kings.
- Hawks win, rise to 6th and play Detroit, who stay at 3rd.
- Anaheim drops to 8th and plays Vancouver.
- Phoenix loses, drops to 7th, and plays San Jose.