Three things from the victory rally that disappointed:
1) No speech from Dean Lombardi, who apparently lost his voice. :-0 Say what??
And Rudy Kelly had a perfect speech written for him and posted on BoC this morning.
2) Penner shaved his handlebars already.
3) No Madison Quick. Aww.... :-(
Four things from the victory rally that made me laugh, or weep with joy, or both:
1) Luc reading the congratulatory email from Marcel Dionne.
2) Greene ragging on Doughty for Drew's heartfelt, but somewhat awkward speech. So Canadian. .
3) Quick exclaiming, "How about this fuckin' team?" And there was no one to bleep him out. He's usually so reserved in interviews, it was moving to see him open up in that particularly guy-ish way about his bond with his teammates.
4) Brownie orchestrating a standing O moment at the very end for Bob Miller, not just from the crowd, but from the team.
Penner will make an excellent hockey broadcaster when he hangs up his skates. This is not a prediction so much as a statement of fact. I would say that I hope he bumps out Hayward someday, but Hayward and the Ducks really deserve each other.
The Jumbotron camera panned over Nolan and King during Hextall's speech, and they looked like high school students listening to a lecture. I expected them to start taking notes.
Williams looked like he hadn't slept in days. Or like he needs a little time on Dry Island.
Sutter looked like he had nervous energy to burn. The coaches and staff were supposed to take their assigned seats before the players came out, but he kept getting up and looking around and making this curious air-punching gesture.
I tried to take some pictures with both my iPhone and iPad, but don't know if any of them turned worth a darn in terms of posting on the Web. If so, I'll share them later via Fanshot.
This item was written by a member of this community and not by an author of JFTC.