There's been some epic celebration to catch up on, so here are some links!
Parade Highlights (re-living this never gets old):
- Video highlights from the parade/rally broadcast from Fred.
- The last, best version of the Kings’ "Black Parade" video, as seen at the rally:
- Kings News Daily brings us footage of the final minute of the game with Bob Miller's call. (Yesss.)
- Gann at Frozen Royalty interviewed fans in attendance: "250,000 reasons why LA is a hockey town."
- The Royal Half's Game 6 Recap, with the Kings Men podcast included. The SB Nation Blog becomes immortal! OK, so this isn't about the parade, but you have to factor in some shock/hangover recovery time.
Partying with Stanley: From Vegas to Venice Beach
Sure, Lord Stanley's Cup is a hallowed object of celebration and worship. It also makes for a freaking killer beer stein.
After rocking out with Oompa Loompas at Beacher's Madhouse in Hollywood, the Kings set out in quest of other bars that could match that level of confetti-fueled excitement. Tao Nightclub was the first stop in Vegas.
- Dry Island? Nope. They partied in the pool bar at Wet Republic. I raise a glass to whomever thought of that little send-up. Be sure to check out all the photo galleries via the Las Vegas Sun.
- The Stanley Cup reappeared on a beach for Father's Day. One Girl, One Puck has been hot on Stanley's trail and brings us a recap. Willie Mitchell poses with surfers, I kid you not. For more adventures with Twitter Cup sightings, keep that page bookmarked. (Some Quickesque bleepity language, for those of you at work.)
- It's now back in Vegas at the Luxor. The NHL Awards begin in Vegas on Wednesday. We're betting some players have never left.
- NBC Los Angeles has a map so you can follow all the sightings.
Kings Pranks And General Shenanigans
- Coworkers pranked a poor Devil’s fan’s office…
- …While some other fans were inspired to follow in @LAKings’ trolly footsteps via newspaper ads.
- Who made off with the game puck after the Kings won the championship? An intrepid Insider reader pointed out Patrik Elias as the likely culprit. Sheriff Hammond promotes the case.
Other News Around The NHL
- Jonathan Quick is up for the Vezina, but did you know that Dustin Brown is a candidate for the Mark Messier Leadership Award along with his good buddy Shane Doan? Awkward! [NHL.com]
- The 2012 NHL Draft is this Friday, but the big stories of that day might be franchise-changing trades. [USA Today]
- Our Pacific division rivals inked defenseman Brad Stuart to a 3-year deal with a $3.6MM cap hit. Fear the Fin is lukewarm about the signing.
- The New York Post reports that the league may be poised to take over the Devils. The league has denied this.
- Elliotte Friedman's 30 Thoughts covers Rick Nash's potential suitors. Boy, am I glad to be out of that rodeo! But are the Kings in the hunt for Parise?
Have questions, comments, or a good link for the blog? Drop me a line at NiesyJFTC@gmail.com.