You Muzzin Forget (Photo by Jeff Gross/Getty Images)
- Restricted free agents Jake Muzzin, Thomas Hickey, Stefan Legein, and David Meckler have re-signed with the Kings.
- Will Justin Azevedo join them soon? Some of those players who got qualifying offers were rumored to be going to Europe. [Union Leader]
- The latest JonathanBernier rumor involves the goalie graveyard of Toronto. Yikes. [Sportsnet]
- Would Bernier be a good add for Columbus? Dan asks me a few questions. [The Cannon]
Simon Gagne underwent successful neck surgery to remove a 'mass' and is ready for training camp.
- Jamie Kompon was hired as an assistant by the Blackhawks; now a lot is on the line for Quenneville. That's right, they need their power play fixed too. [ESPN Chicago]
Stanley Cup Fun
We're counting down the minutes until the Cup DVD is released. Puck Daddy brings us a cool sneak preview.
Mitchell, Greene, Penner, Brown, and Luc with the interviews? Oh heck yes.
- Ron Hextall, the holy grail, and...his lovely horse's behind. [Keeper of the Cup]
- Could we see the official Stanley Cup Bud sold at Staples next year? [Beer Street Journal]
Open discussion questions after the jump.
1. Supposing a trade does go down, are there any players/prospects you'd like to get for Bernier playing on Columbus or Toronto? Picks only?
2. Was Kompon the main problem with our power play, or was it more the fault of the players? What will happen in Chicago?
3. How much Stanley Cup swag do you have or plan to get? I'm getting all the DVDs. I still want a Christmas ornament and a few more shirts. And some magazines. And a beer stein. ...Maybe everything.
There's a lot to be said for pent-up demand.