Time: 7.00 PM
TV: CBC, Fox Sports West
Canucks (projected) lineup:
Kings (projected) lineup:
- For some thoughts on where the Canucks are now and where they might be headed, check out what Cam Charron of Canucks Army had to say.
- My thoughts: I'd feel a lot better about the Canucks' top-heaviness if they didn't say those things about pots, kettles, and sometimes glass houses?
- The Canucks dispatched the Sharks handily the other night, and their defence looked great doing it. I'm anxious on the best days about the up-and-down performance of the Kings' defence lately, and the match-up tonight will be a stiff test for them. The Canucks' six are still amongst the best in the West (and therefore the NHL because I mean, c'mon) and if they can shut down the top two lines, the King's prospects tonight could be awfully grim.
- I miss Jeff Carter. You should miss Jeff Carter too. You know who apparently doesn't miss him, is Mike Richards, who is continuing to perform well both offensively and defensively in Carter's absence, bouncing back nicely from a rough 2012-13.
- After making his largely inauspicious debut NHL debut against Buffalo, it looks like Linden Vey will sit in favour of Coach Sutter's favourite Colin Fraser. Let nobody ever say that Darryl Sutter isn't reliably, faithfully risk-averse.
- Prediction: Kings win 4-2, derisive Luuuu-ing in Staples Center, Drew Doughty is a total weirdo on After Hours.
More from Jewels From The Crown: