Time: 1.00 PM
TV: NHL Network, Fox Sports West
Enemy reading: Copper and Blue
Oilers (projected) lineup:
N Schultz-J Schultz
Injured: Sutton (knee), Belanger (groin)
Kings (projected) lineup:
Injured: Greene (back), Mitchell (knee), Penner (upper body)
- After a nice five-game win streak, the Oilers got dumped 4-0 by the Canucks on Thursday. Good thing they acquired Jerred Smithson, who might be one of the worst players in the NHL. Also, "Jerred" is a stupid name.
- With Dustin Penner's injury, Jordan Nolan is back in the lineup, and Brad Richardson and Dwight King spent last game flipping between the third and fourth lines. I don't know why Tyler Toffoli isn't playing? Free Tyler Toffoli??
- Fun with numbers:
Kings (5th, West)
Oilers (9th, West)
- As you can see, the Oilers are pretty good on special teams. The Kings have been noticeably more disciplined about taking dumb penalties lately - staying that way this afternoon will be even more important than usual.
Robyn Regehr looked (to these non-scoring-chance-counting eyes) not bad in his Kings debut against the Wild. I still didn't love the amount of time he spent in a pairing with Drew Doughty, and I'm a bit concerned about the stability of the defensive pairings, but who knows what will happen tonight.
- Jonathan Bernier was great against Minnesota. The ongoing mystery of whether good Jonathan Quick or terrible Jonathan Quick will show up for the game today continues.
- Please, please, please don't get to a shootout.
- Go Kings Go.