5:00 PM: Unless something huge happens, this will be our last update of the day. Come back tomorrow for the conclusion of: Pennermania! (credits roll)
- Jarome Iginla, finally, is a Boston Bruin. He'll make $6 million for one season there.
- Devin Setoguchi is on the move again, this time being traded from Minnesota to Winnipeg.
- Matt Cooke is back in the Western Conference, signing with the Wild.
4:00 PM: Things!
- The Ducks re-signed difficult-to-hate center Saku Koivu for another year.
- The Blues signed easy-to-hate Maxim Lapierre away from the Canucks.
- New Jersey adds another winger, as Michael Ryder gets $7 million over two seasons.
3:00 PM: Nothing. Dwight Howard left, I guess.
2:00 PM: The rest of the NHL slows down, but Kings news is here!
- Los Angeles signed UFA d-man Jeff Schultz for $700K. We took a quick look at the move here.
- Vancouver needed a center; they took Brad Richardson off our hands for two years, $2.3 million.
- George Parros moves on again; this time, he's going to the Montreal Canadiens.
1:00 PM: So much for the lull!
- Bobby Ryan traded to Ottawa. After years of rumors, the trigger has been pulled.
- Replaced by Weiss, Valtteri Filppula is off to Tampa for five years.
- Young RFA d-man Travis Hamonic gets a Voynov-esque deal with the Islanders; seven years, $27 million.
12:00 AM: Things finally slowed down a little bit. Key moves:
- Stephen Weiss gets $24.5 million over five years from Detroit.
- Matt Cullen signs a two-year deal with Nashville.
- Dallas gets a backup for Kari Lehtonen, signing Dan Ellis for one season.
11:00 AM: No calm before the free agent storm this year. Lots of moves so far. Chief among them:
- Shortly after re-signing Tyler Bozak, the Leafs handed David Clarkson a seven-year deal.
- Viktor Stalberg signs a four-year contract with the Nashville Predators.
- Mike Ribeiro returns to the Pacific(ish) Division, joining the Phoenix Coyotes for four years.
- Nathan Horton is going to the Columbus Blue Jackets for seven years.
- Old friend Ryane Clowe goes to the New Jersey Devils for five years.
10:00 AM: Rob Scuderi has signed with Pittsburgh. 4 years, $13.5 million. Kings will miss him, however, they now have a bit of room to work with today. Read our Scuderi goodbye post here.
9:00 AM: We're off! So far this morning...
- Daniel Alfredsson appears to be off to the Detroit Red Wings on a one-year contract.
- The Flyers have found a partner for Steve Mason: Ray Emery. Should be fun.
- Jason LaBarbera is switching teams, and will be the new backup in Edmonton.
8:45 AM: Almost time to see what Dean has up his sleeve. We'll update this post with big free agent news from around the league. And as soon as any news breaks regarding Rob Scuderi, Dustin Penner, or Brad Richardson, or if the Kings do go after another free agent, we'll let you know.
Speaking of which, Scuderi rumors are already flying around. Let's see what happens.
Revisiting Scuderi tweet from earlier. Now hearing he's likely going back to Pittsburgh. 3-4 years has been discussed. Around $3 mil per.— Darren Dreger (@DarrenDreger) July 5, 2013