Time: 12.00 PM
TV: NHL Network, Fox Sports West
Enemy reading: Stanley Cup of Chowder
Bruins (projected) lineup:
Kings (projected) lineup:
- This is going to be very very brief, since I forgot about how American holidays = annoying day games.
- I think I cursed Dougie Hamilton. Last Kings-Bruins game preview, I wrote that he was injured, and then he got injured in his next game, and is out tonight with a concussion. Sorry, Dougie.
- As you probably remember, that last Kings-Bruins game went pretty well for the Kings. They ran roughshod over the Bruins, and it wasn't close by any real metric. It's been a bit up-and-down since then, and the Kings will be looking to this game, again, to get back on track against a good Bruins team suffering a bit from dealing with injuries.
- Nick doesn't have the Kings-Wings numbers post up yet, but ~spoilers~ the Kings handily out-possessed the Red Wings, and they remain the best possession team in the league by a now quite significant margin (56.6% FF% EV 5-on-5 to the Blackhawks' 55.3%). Unfortunately, they still can't finish worth a damn, and Quick turning in fairly good performances can't cause pucks to go into the other net. Basically, status quo.
- When can we free Linden Vey and/or Tanner Pearson? Is it never? It's never, isn't it? Hate you, Darryl Sutter.
- Prediction: 4-1 Kings, three real goals and one that should have been disallowed, so everyone will shut up about the net.