Eric will have a recap in the morning and Nick will have analysis later.
- Wow. A win. OK.
- The Kings played a real...uh...let's say 'gritty' game. It was not what one would call 'entertaining'. There were a grand total of 46 blocked shots tonight. Anyhow, a win is a win. Plus, Vancouver lost to the Oilers (lol) so LA gets some breathing room.
- There weren't a whole lot of scoring chances either:
- Possession numbers ended up dead even as both team attempted 47 shots at evens.
- Dwight King lead the way in possession. He was +13 tonight as King continues to conquer the universe.
- Tyler Toffoli was let out of his cage. He only played 6 minutes at evens but got a lot of PP time. He wasn't really a factor, but hopefully he stays in the line-up.
- Oh yeah and Jonathan Quick got a shutout:
- That brings the Kings to 9 shutouts on the year. That obviously leads the league. Next closest are St. Louis and New Jersey with 6.
- And finally, thank god for Anze: