Time: 7:30 PM
Enemy reading: Anaheim Calling
Ducks (projected) lineup:
Kings (projected) lineup:
Injured: Drew Doughty; Scratched:
- I was going to do something sweet and nostalgic since this is the final regular season preview, but we all know the Kings are going to be in the playoffs for a long-ass time (obviously), so...yeah, I'm just going to be grumpy as usual.
- First of all, these forward lines are dicks. #FreeTannerPearson #FreeTylerToffoli #FreeJordanNolanIntotheSun #etc
- Maybe Darryl Sutter is just trying to get the bad thoughts out of his system before the playoffs, and maybe Tanner Pearson has some bumps or bruises that he's nursing, but if everyone is healthy and Jordan Nolan sees extended playing time against the Sharks over Pearson, I am going to fly down to Los Angeles and commit a series of felonies.
- Is anyone else disconcerted by how Drew Doughty keeps constantly telling people he's "healthy" and "ready to go" and "totally fine"? What are you hiding, Andrew???
- This game, like the many preceding it, means nothing for the Kings. It means a little bit to the Ducks, though. If the Ducks win tonight, they will clinch the Western Conference and face the Stars in the playoffs; if the Ducks lose tonight, and either the Avalanche or the Blues win tomorrow, then the Ducks will play the Wild. Every team I just named in that past sentence is terrible and I hope they all fall into a dank pit somewhere forever. But the Ducks are the most terrible.
- Some important reminders for you: Teemu Selanne sucks. Saku Koivu sucks. Corey Perry sucks. Ryan Getzlaf sucks. Cam Fowler sucks sucks sucks.
- I refuse to say anything substantive about the Jennings Trophy because the Jennings Trophy is bullshit and we are all too sensible to pretend otherwise.
- ~Fun With Numbers~ from Extra Skater. The Ducks are a joke. I can't even believe I used to take them seriously enough to hate them.
- Prediction: hilarity.