Time: 6:00 PM
TV: RDS, TSN, NBCSN
Enemy reading: Anaheim Calling
Ducks (projected) lineup:
Kings (projected) lineup:
- Oh look, another game seven. Ho hum no big deal. We're basically veterans at this point, so no need to worry, the righteous (and Justin Williams) will prevail, etc., etc. Everything is fine.
- In a last-ditch attempt to ensure his team's victory tonight, Ducks coach Bruce Boudreau has taken the unprecedented step of...swapping Daniel Winnik and Patrick Maroon in the bottom six like oh my god I'm so sure the Kings defencemen are shaking in their skates now. Well, Jeff Schultz might be. Because he is bad. But the rest of them definitely aren't worried at all! Everything is fine.
- The Kings will likely line up tonight the same as they have for the past few games. Despite Willie Mitchell's return to practice, he isn't yet in game shape and won't be playing. Otherwise, there will be no second-guessing or tinkering from Darryl Sutter, because - say it with me - everything is fine.
- After Jonathan Quick's gaffe on the Ducks goal last game, he put in a very solid effort and helped shut the door to ensure the win. Similarly, the Kings' defence, which had been uncharacteristically porous to begin the series, did excellent work in game six, effectively strangling the Ducks through the neutral and offensive zones. Despite the Kings holding the lead for most of the game, they still dominated (both visibly and in underlying numbers). It was their best game of the series, and a return to the quality of play which dispatched the Sharks. If they play like that again tonight, the Ducks are going to have to play above their heads and get very lucky to get a win. Everything is fine.
- It will be terrible old Teemu Selanne's last NHL game tonight, a thoroughly embarrassing loss to a superior rival, and a fitting end to his bronze-medal-calibre career. Please tell me about how sad you are in the comments.
- ~Fun With Numbers~ from Extra Skater.
- Prediction: Kings win. EVERYTHING IS FINE.