Time: 5:00 PM
TV: RDS, TSN, NBCSN
Enemy reading: Second City Hockey
Blackhawks (projected) lineup:
Kings (projected) lineup:
- The Kings played a solid game one - although the third period & game didn't end optimally, a tired team managed to (mostly) hold its own against a good Blackhawks team at home. Take a look at the underlying series numbers that Robert & Nick are putting. up. I saw something (probably from LAKI?) about the consensus in the Kings locker room that they were okay, but not quite good enough to win, and that seems about right.
- A couple of minor lineup changes for tonight: apparently the Blackhawks will be swapping Brandon Saad for Patrick Sharp on their second line, and it looks like Matt Greene will draw back in for the Kings while Jeff Schultz will (blessedly) sit out. Based on line rushes from practice, the Kings might also be mixing up their bottom six, bumping Kyle Clifford up to the third line, and sending Trevor Lewis back down to the bottom line.
- Let's all take a second to swoon over Tyler Toffoli, who was so good in game 1. Isn't he just the greatest? Yes, yes he is. We looooove him.
- ~Fun With Numbers~ from Extra Skater.
- Prediction: Kings win, what else, 4-1.