1st Place Overall? Really? Weird. [Postgame Bullets]
- Well, technically, Tampa Bay, Nashville, Montreal and St. Louis are a hair ahead in terms of W%, since they all have a game (or two, in STL's case) in hand on the Kings. Still, first place over-all, and Kopitar hasn't really even gotten started yet.
- The Kings have 14 points, which was my preseason target for the first eleven games (pacing to 100 points overall). So they got there one day early.
- Quick played great. Anytime a team dominates an entire period (or most of it) like Dallas did in the second, and they come up empty, that's a goalie victory.
- The Kings some of the bounces they didn't get on Wednesday against the Hawks.
- Jack Johnson, three assists.
- It seems to me rib injuries can linger. I wouldn't be surprised if Simmonds is out longer than a couple of games. But I know nothing.
- Doughty out -- Johnson emerges...Simmonds out...[xx] emerges? Clifford?
- Anze Kopitar, zero shots. But:
- He has 33 shots through ten games. Last year through ten: 28. Not what I expected. I guess Murray is right. Patience, young padawan.
- Dustin Brown is on a 41 goal pace.
- Williams, 33 goal pace. (Kopitar is on pace for 25, but there's really no way he scores fewer than 30. I still think 35 is his minimum. And I don't think I'm being optimistic.)
Jewels from the Crown is supported by readers like you!
Content is currently free for all readers, but you can help us with business expenses, including pay for our writers, by contributing to our GoFundMe.
Make sure you're following us on Twitter so you never miss any Kings news!