1. NY Islanders: John Tavares; London - C - The no-brainer pick that will hopefully lead the Isles back to respectability. Expect big pressure to deal pick but they will keep it
2. Tampa Bay Lightning: Victor Hedman; Modo - LD - Another potential deal because Tampa needs and wants more immediate help but he is a potential franchise defender
3. Colorado Avalanche: Matt Duchene; Brampton - C - Filling the spot of Joe Sakic for the next generation in the Mile High City will be the highly skilled Matt Duchene. He has all of the physical tools to be a star and his leadership has begun to appear in this years playoffs.
4. Atlanta Thrashers: Magnus Svensson-Paajarvi, Timra - LW - I fully expect this pick to be dealt because Atlanta desperately needs immediate help but if they keep the pick, Svensson-Paajarvi had a great World Juniors and showed that he’ll go into traffic or anywhere else to get points.
5. Los Angeles Kings: Evander Kane; Vancouver - C - With the back end in good shape for the future, they get one of the best finishers in the Draft.