- Kings' Johnson enjoys bad-guy role on Team USA - NHL News - FOX Sports on MSN -- "You might be inclined to think Jack Johnson would be a little reticent about going to the Olympics. After all, the last time he wore a Team USA sweater in Vancouver, he was Public Enemy No. 1. If you did think that, by the way, you don't know Jack Johnson. The Los Angeles Kings defenseman feels very comfortable wearing the black hat and has no problem if the Canadian fans in Vancouver have long memories."
- Lowetide: The Future Is Now -- "I believe Jordan Eberle's NHL career begins in about 6 weeks (or sooner). How will this impact the big club? Well, if you're an undersized skill player this would be a very good time to start playing well. Someone is going to be coming out of the lineup to make room for "the kid." Candidates? Nilsson, Cogliano, O'Sullivan, Brule, Potulny, Comrie. Steve Tambellini might as well send one of them away at the deadline to make room for Jordan Eberle. Nothing's going to stop him now."
- THE BOOK--Playing The Percentages In Baseball -- "Baseball and hockey are comparable in terms of how much randomness affects the performance of teams (and presumably players). Indeed, you can manipulate how often the better team will win based on how long or short you make the confrontations."
- Uncertainty in Sports Outcomes...Or Not... - Behind The Net -- "[P]laying a shorter game leads to more upsets. ... But here's a strange effect we see with points for overtime and shootout losses. ... Starting at the opening face-off, the .750 favorite wins 75% of the time and gets 1.5 points in the standings. But at the end of regulation, their expectation of winning is just 50%, while their expected number of points - because of OTL/SOL - is still 1.5 points. In other words, they get rewarded the same if they play above or below expectations."
- Windsor Spitfire Nation: Ellis and Pietrangelo Named Team Captains for 2010 OHL All-Star Classic -- "Alternate Captains for the visiting Western Conference All-Stars include AJ Jenks of the Plymouth Whalers, Jacob Muzzin of the Sault Ste. Marie Greyhounds, and Zack Torquato of the Erie Otters. Muzzin and Torquato are both Captains of their respective teams and competing in their second OHL All-Star Classic. Muzzin participated last year in Windsor, while Torquato competed in the 2007 OHL All-Star Classic in Saginaw."
Regan's Rant: Rockets game notes vs. Cougars -- "Four power play goals in the third period led the Rockets to a 4-2 win over Seattle Wednesday night. Mitchell Callahan had two goals while Geordie Wudrick had a goal and three assists."
Kings-Centric News: A little Jack Johnson, Geordie Wudrick, Jake Muzzin, super-geeky numbers BITE-SIZED! 100% ORGANIC!