- Good Wayne Simmonds is back. Two goals.
- The only other good news from this game is that Peter Harrold played well.
- Oh, and Brayden Schenn got his first point, an assist on Simmonds' first.
- Bad Jack Johnson continues to do what Bad Jack Johnson does. Bring back Good Jack Johnson, please.
- Power play is now officially the worst in the league, 3 goals in 21 attempts. Unfortunately, two of the three goals are short-handed goals against.
- Kevin Westgarth and Simmonds swapped places at some point, resulting in a third line of Alexei Ponikarovsky - Michal Handzus - Westgarth and a first line of Brad Richardson - Schenn - Simmonds. I like that. Add that to the plus column.
- What about Ponikarovsky - Handzus - Dustin Brown? And who for RW1? I don't know. I think I would try Brad Richardson up there, and put Kyle Clifford with Schenn and Simmonds, and scratch Westgarth.
- In fact, maybe consider leaving Westgarth in Phoenix to deal with Erik Cole on Saturday.