The Good: (Friday) Avs lose; (Saturday) Wings half-lose; (Sunday) Flames lose, Wings lose.
The Bad: (Friday) Flames win; (Saturday) Preds win, Kings half-lose; (Sunday) Avs win.
- Kings clinched Saturday in my world and Sunday in the official world.
- It's Colorado and Calgary fighting it out for the last spot.
- Tuesday has SJS/CGY and COL/VAN. An Avs win plus a Flames loss eliminates the Flames.
- But so what? The Kings are in.
Here are the standings in points-blown* (if you haven't seen my version of standings before, scroll to the bottom for the explanation):
- Chicago Blackhawks 49 (2) +12
- San Jose Sharks 50 (1) +11
Vancouver Canucks 58 (3) +3 [1st in div.]
- Phoenix Coyotes 56 (4) +5
- Los Angeles Kings 61 (7) --
- Detroit Red Wings 62 (6) -1
- Nashville Predators 62 (5) -1
- Colorado Avalanche 65 (8) -4
- Calgary Flames 69 (9) -8
St. Louis Blues
Anaheim Ducks Minnesota Wild
Columbus Blue Jackets Edmonton Oilers
- Chicago Blackhawks**
- San Jose Sharks**
- Phoenix Coyotes**
- Vancouver Canucks**
- Nashville Predators**
- Detroit Red Wings**
- Los Angeles Kings**
- Colorado Avalanche 3-1-0
- Calgary Flames 3-0-0
St. Louis Blues Dallas Stars Anaheim Ducks Minnesota Wild Columbus Blue Jackets Edmonton Oilers
***95 points is the likely playoff threshold. It might end up being 94 or 96.
93 is unlikely to be enough for the teams currently on the outside looking in. At this point, if Calgary gets 95 points, there's only a 1:4 chance of that being good enough.