Last night's results
The Bad: LAK lost, LAK subtracted five from their goal-differential, LAK lost the season series to SJS, SJS clinched the Pacific.
CHI @ MTL -- Go Habs.
CBJ @ DAL -- Kings clinch playoff spot with a Stars' loss. On the other hand, it's still possible for the Stars to catch the Ducks. Oh well, I must root conservatively. Go Jackets.
ATL @ NAS -- Go Atlanta Hawks.
Now, the updated standings:
Click on the headers to sort.
- Q is my standings, default sorted by points-blown (explanation of points-blown here).
- NHL is the official standings, via NHL.COM (ESPN has the tie-breakers wrong).
- PRJ is projected point total for 82 games.
- LSF is last season's final point total.
- MAX is maximum points possible for that team.
- PB is points-blown.
- +/- is the distance in points-blown above or below the 8th seed.
- TO 97 is the record needed to get to the presumed (by me) playoff-threshold.
- GR is games-remaining.
- W! is wins plus OT wins (the first tie-breaker).
- SS and SSGR is season series against the Kings (Kings’ points-earned vs. that team’s points-earned) and games remaining (team name in the SSGR column means that team has won the season series). 2 points for a Kings win, 1 for an OT or SO win, -1 for an OT or SO loss, -2 for a loss.
- GD is goal-differential.
- Qcl is clustered points, which corrects for variance in games-played and then rounds point totals to the nearest multiple of 5. The idea is to emphasize which teams are bunched together, or, to put it another way, are "more or less tied." It may be useless or annoying. Feel free to ignore.