Since we last met the Chicago Blackhawks...
IN: JEFF CARTER! SLAVA VOYNOV!!! Oh, and for the Hawks, Kruger and Olsen.
OUT: Jonathan Toews, Niklas Hjalmarsson, and Steve Montador are injured and did not travel out west. Loktionov is in Manchester eating sushi by himself, and my heart is broken.
Game Preview: Both teams are struggling, and should scrap for points like two mutts over a pork chop.
In lieu of a lot of "This is the most important game of the season until the next one" messages, let's look at what we can expect from Jeff Carter.
1. He shoots. He shoots a LOT. He has converted around 10-11% over his career, so expect more than 300 shots in order to score thirty goals over a full season.
2. Though he's 6'3", don't expect him to run around hitting everything in sight. It's not his style. He is, however, a good two-way forward.
3. He had a very successful 2010-2011 season on Giroux's wing, but hasn't spent much time with Richards there at all.
4. He makes odd choices with his hair, but I'll try not to hold it against him. (That's hard.)
5. More than half of his goals this season have come on the power play, so Sutter will put him right in. (Yes! Change! Help!) He's played with Richards in those situations too.
Yes! Change! Help!