We'll have the recap and analysis posts up later. But for now here are some takeaways from tonight's game:
- Ben Scrivens is now tied for the league lead with 2 shutouts. His save percentage on the season is now .940 putting him just ahead of former backup Jonathan Bernier's .939. If you add up his sv% from this season and last season it sits at .920. Not too shabby.
- The possession battle was very tight as the Devils just edged out the Kings in shot attempts 38-35.
- Slava Voynov and Robyn Regehr had a rough night in that regard as they were -13 and -14 respectively. It's worth mentioning that they were used against very tough competetion and saw a lot of starts in the defensive zone, but still pretty bad numbers for the pair.
- Tanner Pearson and Linden Vey also had a rough night in possession (-9 and -10 respectively). In fact, Tanner Pearson was only on ice for one Kings shot attempt at 5v5.
- The good news was that the Kings top 6 is still very formidable and tilted the ice in their favor when they were on. Extra Skater has all the stats.
- Lastly, our very own John Carroll was at the game tonight and had the following to report:
HOLY SHIT I JUST SHOOK BOB MILLER'S HAND IF YOU WANT TO TAKE ME NOW YOU CAN GOD— John Carroll (@toshanshuinLA) November 16, 2013