Time: 7:30 PM
TV: Fox Sports West
Enemy reading: Copper and Blue
Oilers (projected) lineup:
Taylor Hall - Sam Gagner - Nail Yakupov
David Perron - Ryan Nugent-Hopkins - Jordan Eberle
Ryan Jones - Boyd Gordon - Ryan Smyth
Luke Gazdic - Mark Arcobello - Jesse Joensuu
Anton Belov - Jeff Petry
Andrew Ference - Philip Larsen
Nick Schultz - Justin Schultz
Injured: Ales Hemsky (Ribs) Scratched: Corey Potter (Suspended), Anton Lander
Kings (projected) lineup:
Dwight King - Anze Kopitar - Jeff Carter
Dustin Brown - Jarret Stoll - Justin Williams
Kyle Clifford - Mike Richards - Tyler Toffoli
Daniel Carcillo - Trevor Lewis/ Colin Fraser (?) - Jordan Nolan
Jake Muzzin - Drew Doughty
Robyn Regehr - Slava Voynov
Alec Martinez - Matt Greene
- Willie Mitchell is officially out with an upper-body injury. According to the Times, it is not a head injury.
- L.A. is looking to wipe the horrible taste in their mouths left by the Blackhawks. The Kings were thoroughly dominated in just about every facet of that game. the Oilers are nowhere near Chicago's class, so it'll be interesting to see how the Kings start the game.
- Edmonton is coming off a close loss to the Ducks. Dustin "Art Ross" Penner tallied the game winner with about 3 minutes left.
- Ilya Bryzgalov has been great for the Oilers in his first 5 games where he's posted a .932 sv%. This proves that goaltending is voodoo and you should point your crucifix at it while carefully backing away.
- The last time the Kings and Oilers met up, LA won in a shootout. These were the old days when Jonathan Quick was still the Kings goaltender and Tyler Toffoli was still rotting away in Manchester.
- Why won't you just free Linden Vey??????? Part II. Seriously, why? It's the eternal question. Trevor Lewis didn't look so hot last game. Colin Fraser wasn't setting the world ablaze before his injury. The bottom six has been getting murdered of late. Sigh.
- Edmonton's numbers look pretty bad across the board outside of their power play. LA will need to stay out of the box (penalties have plagued them this year), but will they?!. ~Fun With Numbers~:
- The Kings need two points to keep pace with the streaking Ducks. The Oilers need to give away two points to increase the value of their 1st round draft pick. Something's gotta gi....wait that's not how you use that cliché is it?
|Team||GP||Points||ROW||Goal Diff||PP%||PK%||S/G||SA/G||CF% (5v5SC)||FF% (5v5SC)||PDO|
|Kings||34||48 (2nd, W)
||16.4(20th)||85.8 (5th)||30.6 (11th)||27.4 (6th)||56.2 (2nd)
|Edmonton||35||25 (14th, W)
|18.1 (13th)||81.7 (17th)||28.4 (22nd)
||30.9 (22nd)||46.5 (26th)||45.6 (27th)