Time: 7.30 PM
TV: Fox Sports West
Enemy reading: Defending Big D
Stars (projected) lineup:
Injured: Trevor Daley, Sergei Gonchar, Stephane Robidas, Aaron Rome, Alex Chiasson; Scratched: Dustin Jeffrey
Kings (projected) lineup:
Injured: Jonathan Quick, Willie Mitchell; Scratched: Matt Frattin, Daniel Carcillo
- The Stars had a fairly bad start to the season, and they've been better in December, but not good enough to stay away from the Western Conference basement. Part of the problem has been a slew of injuries to their defence, including top-pairing guy Stephane Robidas suffering a leg fracture at the beginning of the month.
- Much like the last team the Kings played, the Stars are in a transition season as the young, skilled players take over the team. Benn-Seguin-Nichushkin has been a dynamite line, particularly with the rookie Nichushkin seemingly hitting a stride lately. By contrast, the average age of the fourth line of Horcoff-Fiddler-Whitney is approximately ninety-three and a half. I'm actually pretty sure Vern Fiddler is older than my dad. Do you think Seguin complains in the locker room about how he smells like ointment and Werthers?
- There's nothing much by way of Kings notes for this game. The lineup stays the same, and Martin Jones shoots for sole possession of the unbeaten NHL starts record. Matt Frattin and Dan Carcillo have made butt grooves in their press box seats (ironing out what was left by Kevin Westgarth). Linden Vey and Tanner Pearson are probably crying together in a cold, dark room in a New England. Jonathan Quick continues to work out his injured groin, but I only have a faint memory of who that guy is anyway.
- As Nick mentioned in his game grades post, the Kings had a slightly sloppy game against the Avalanche, but managed to come out ahead on the scoreboard if not in scoring chances. They'll need a tighter effort against Dallas, a team similar to the Avalanche with a more solid possession game.
- ~Fun With Numbers~ is on vacation, like me.
- Prediction: Kings win 4-1 because happy holidays to us all.