With their impeccable sense of timing, the Kings announced the list of prospects + random kids who'll be descending on LA next week for the team's annual development camp about a hot second before all hell broke loose with free agency. But worry not, Jewels from the Crown has got you covered, with All the Prospect News You Need.
(I just stole this list right off of LAKI and I'm not even a little bit sorry about it.)
Andy Andreoff – third round (80th overall) in 2011
Justin Auger – fourth round (103rd overall) in 2013
Jonny Brodzinski – fifth round (148th overall) in 2013
Nic Dowd – seventh round (198th overall) in 2009
Tomas Hyka – sixth round (171st overall) in 2012
Maxim Kitsyn – sixth round (158th overall) in 2010
Dominik Kubalik – seventh round (191st overall) in 2013
Joel Lowry – fifth round (140th overall) in 2011
Cameron Maclise – camp invitee
Michael Mersch – fourth round (110th overall) in 2011
Brian O’Neill – signed as a free agent March 15, 2012
Tanner Pearson – first round (30th overall) in 2012
Scott Sabourin – camp invitee
Nick Shore – third round (82nd overall) in 2011
Tyler Toffoli – second round (47th overall) in 2010
Jordan Weal – third round (70th overall) in 2010
Valentin Zykov – second round (37th overall) in 2013
Nick Ebert – seventh round (211th overall) in 2012
Derek Forbort – first round (15th overall) in 2010
Kevin Gravel – fifth round (148th overall) in 2010
Paul LaDue – sixth round (181st overall) in 2012
Zachary Leslie – sixth round (178th overall) in 2013
Kurtis MacDermid – signed as a free agent Sept. 12, 2012
Colin Miller – fifth round (151st overall) in 2012
Alex Roach – signed as a free agent Sept. 26, 2011
Patrik Bartosak – fifth round (146th overall) in 2013
Jean-Francois Berube – fourth round (95th overall) in 2009
Alex Fotinos – camp invitee
Matthias Niederberger – camp invitee
<h4>Some Random Roster Notes</h4>
- Almost every 2013 draftee will be at camp, so we'll get some news on, and looks at, our shiny new toys. (According to Gann, "Hudson" Fasching is attending summer school, so he won't be around.) I'm particularly excited to see more of Zykov.
- I'm also particularly excited to see what gems Dominik Kubalik might tweet. #fuck #love
- Maxim Kitsyn lives! I've completely forgotten everything about him, to be perfectly honest. Russian fellow, eh? (I'm just kidding. Please do not try to tell me all about Maxim Kitsyn in the comments. Unless you are some kind of Maxim Kitsyn super-fan, in which case, I guess you should do whatever makes you happy?)
- Notable absences: Linden Vey (no idea what's up with that), Nicolas Deslauriers (ditto), and Nikolay Prokhorkin (still locked up in CSKA Moscow's GM's basement, I guess). Michael Schumacher and Chris Gibson, having been let go by the team, are, of course, not attending.
- Holy crap, I forgot Nic Dowd is so old.
- As for the invitees: Cameron Maclise appears to be a twenty-one-year-old(!) RW who has spent the last three seasons playing for the Brooks Bandits(?) of the AJHL(!!). I wouldn't expect great things. Maybe they brought him to help Nic Dowd feel young again?
- Scott Sabourin's hockeyfights page pops up before his hockeydb page when you search his name on google, so that's...also promising? He had a break-out season with the Oshawa Generals as an over-ager RW this year, going from 19 points in 55 games to 50 points in 65 games, while maintaining a hefty 142 PIMs. You may remember that he signed an AHL deal with the Monarchs back in April.
- Matthias Niederberger and Alex Fotinos have been starting goalie and back-up goalie, respectively, for the Barrie Colts over the past two seasons. Fotinos' statistics are, frankly, terrible. Niederberger's are much better, although it should be noted that they played behind an OHL powerhouse that almost toppled the very stacked London Knights in the league championship until Bo Horvat crushed my dreams.
- Are there any guys you're particularly looking forward to seeing? Beyond Tyler Toffoli, how do you think the Kings' prospect strength stacks up? And speaking of Tyler Toffoli, how great is he? (So great.) Discuss below!