Time: 7:30 PM
TV: Fox Sports West
Enemy reading: Canucks Army
Canucks (projected) lineup:
Injured: Alex Burrows, Roberto Luongo. Scratched: David Booth, Andrew Alberts, Ryan Stanton
Kings (projected) lineup:
Pearson (or Frattin)-Richards-Toffoli
Clifford-Fraser-Lewis (or Nolan)
Injured: none; Scratched: either Tanner Pearson or Matt Frattin, either Trevor Lewis or Jordan Nolan, Jake Muzzin
- Forward scratches for LA are unknown at this point, but it looks like as per the readers' request, Tanner Pearson might a chance to play with Mike Richards and Tyler Toffoli.We'll see. If it does happen, I predict that they will score exactly as many goals as they allow.
- Robert doesn't like that Jake Muzzin got scratched. I'm okay with it as a one-game "play better" message-sender. Coaches have to do that, or else, what do we need them for? (Answer: excellent quotes and facial expressions.)
- The result of the above, of course, is that Darryl Sutter will skate Drew Doughty and Willie Mitchell on the same pairing. Both d-men have been excellent as of late.
- Roberto Luongo is still injured. Cause: dirtbag/fan favorite (depending on which side you're on) Dustin Brown. Can we have Kevin Westgarth back for one night? Just to keep an eye on him?
- Luongo's injury means backup Eddie Lack gets the start. Backup goaltenders scare the crap out of me now.
- One of Vancouver's corresponding dirtbags/fan favorites (depending on which side you're on) is missing tonight, as Burrows is still absent due to a broken jaw.
- All I've ever seen Tom Sestito do against the Kings is hit a bunch of people in the first half of the game and take a bad penalty in the second half. (This has happened in all three games this season; check the box score.) Apparently, though, he's been surprisingly effective as of late. Hoping for old Tom Sestito tonight.
- Brad Richardson centers the fourth line at the Staples Center, so it's a throwback night for him! Still like that guy.
- My scattered version of Langluy's ~Fun With Numbers~ ...
- Jeff Carter has alternated scoring a goal and not scoring a goal in his last ten games. He didn't score on Saturday against Detroit.
- Saturday was Jonathan Quick's first start with a SV% below .900 since he returned from injury. But he's stopped 52 of 54 against the Canucks this season.
- The Canucks have not played a game where a team had five or more power plays since December 1. It's happened in three of the last six games the Kings have played in.
- Prediction: LA makes it 4-for-4 against the Canucks this season with a 3-2 victory.