According to Bob McKenzie, the Kings have dealt backup goaltender Ben Scrivens to Edmonton for a 3rd round pick.
Sounds like Ben Scrivens has been traded from LA to EDM, 3rd round pick headed back to LA.— Bob McKenzie (@TSNBobMcKenzie) January 15, 2014
More details to follow, but we'd assume this means Martin Jones should be on his way back up with the Kings very soon. Martin Jones earned his 10th win of the season with Manchester this past weekend in his first game back to the AHL after shutting out Bridgeport.
Update: Jones' call up has been confirmed.
Jones' spectacular play in 11 games with the Kings, earning 3 shutouts and a league leading .950 sv%, allowed the Kings to dump Scrivens and accumulate assets.
For Scrivens' part, although he played very well this season, it seemed as though the organization never warmed to him. Scrivens is currently 3rd in the NHL in save percentage. Now, he'll get a shot at more playing time with a struggling Edmonton Oilers team.
Overall, this seems like a solid move for the Kings. They are selling high on a goaltender who is an unrestricted free agent at the end of the season.
- Kings call up Linden Vey from Manchester
- The Kings are not as good with Tyler Toffoli out of the line-up.
- Kings Clips: Canucks @ Kings Fallout
- Canucks @ Kings Recap: LA Wins... Vancouver Earns Moral Victory?
- This Week in Kings (1/13/14)
- Game Day #47: Canucks @ Kings Preview
- Jake Muzzin may be scratched tonight, does he deserve it?