Time: 7:30 PM
TV: Fox Sports West
Kings Projected Lineup:
Marian Gaborik - Anze Kopitar - Trevor Lewis
Dwight King - Jeff Carter - Tyler Toffoli
Dustin Brown - Jarret Stoll - Justin Williams
Kyle Clifford - Mike Richards - Jordan Nolan
Jake Muzzin - Drew Doughty
Brayden McNabb - Matt Greene
Robyn Regehr - Jamie McBain
Injuries/Scratches/Suspensions: Alec Martinez, Slava Voynov, Tanner Pearson (unconfirmed, may be out of lineup), Andy Andreoff
Hurricanes Projected Lineup:
- I'm not langluy. What the hell am I doing here? I don't know.
- I read a fanfiction thing recently. Eric Staal brutally murdered Sidney Crosby for stealing Jordan Staal from him. It was a bit dated. Now Sidney would have to murder Eric.
- Unfortunately, this hasn't happened yet, and Eric Staal will likely play on the top line for the Hurricanes. Eric Staal continues to be a pretty respectable player. Hopefully Sidney finishes the job before the game starts.
- Andrej Sekera dresses for the wrong team tonight. Hopefully in the future he'll dress for the Kings instead of Jamie McBain.
- Jamie McBain! It's his fourth ever meeting against the team he started his NHL career with. He has 0 career points and, somehow, a +2 rating against the Hurricanes in his career. Plus/minus continues to be a dumb but amusing stat. Godspeed buddy.
- It appears that Trevor Lewis will spend another game on the top line for the Kings. This is exciting, because in the last game he flubbed a half breakaway and tried to stickhandle while sitting on his butt. What will he do tonight? Feel free to answer below! I predict that while attempting to score a goal, his own teammates will replace the puck with a joke puck that explodes on contact. Hilarious.
- Darryl Sutter might scratch Tanner Pearon tonight. Though I do think Pearson has struggled, this seems weird. I trust Darryl, but he's a weird guy. If you read this, Darryl, I hope you know I think you're strange.
- Perhaps the Kings are scratching Pearson in an attempt to match those old averaging methods that had you throw out your best and worst scores to figure out a truer average. Martinez is the most handsome King, and Tanner Pearson is Tanner Pearson. If this is the case, then maybe Darryl isn't so weird.
- The Kings lost to the Hurricanes the last time these two teams met. I don't really remember it, but I assume it was depressing and annoying. I predict that this will not happen tonight.
- PREDICTION: Kings win 4-2, Trevor Lewis continues to find new ways to not score goals.