Time: 6:00 PM PST
TV: RDS, CBC, NBCSN
Enemy reading: Second City Hockey
Blackhawks (projected) lineup:
Injured: Nikolai Khabibulin; Scratched: Kris Versteeg, Jeremy Morin, Joakim Nordstrom, Sheldon Brookbank, David Rundblad
Kings (projected) lineup:
Injured: Robyn Regehr; Scratched: Jeff Schultz, Jordan Nolan, Andy Andreoff, Patrik Bartosak, Derek Forbort, Colin Miller, Scott Sabourin, Nick Shore, Jordan Weal, Brayden McNabb, Andrew Bodnarchuk, Linden Vey, Andrew Campbell, Colin Fraser
- In the last preview, we questioned why Michal Handzus and Brandon Bollig were in the lineup. Handzus, naturally, scored the game-winning goal in double overtime to send the series to Game 6. At the risk of tempting fate (again)... having Handzus and Bollig in the lineup still hurts the Blackhawks.
- However, it hurt them less in Game 5 because of the performance of Brandon Saad, Andrew Shaw, and Patrick Kane. As Robert outlined, shutting them down is a priority... one which will likely fall to the lines of Jeff Carter and/or Mike Richards. That would set up two advantageous matchups lower in the lineup, neither of which will matter if the Hawks' second line again flourishes.
- Rumor has it that Peter Regin is in for Kris Versteeg tonight. Versteeg has been in Quenneville's dog house so that would make sense. While Versteeg hasn't done much, Regin hasn't been any better. Regin has 0 points through 5 playoff games... and bad possession numbers.
- Corey Crawford and Jonathan Quick both looked alternately great and terrible in Game 5. It's like, just pick one, you know?
- Over/under on Drew Doughty's minutes tonight: 28. (Take the over.)
- Trevor Lewis has the Kings' third-highest shooting percentage at 5v5 in the series. Isn't that great?
- ~Fun With Numbers~ from Extra Skater.
- Prediction: Cartman. Eyebrows. Forechecking. Kopitar. Power plays. "CRAWWWWWFORRRRD." Win. Streamers. Trophy. Finals.