Time: 7:00 PM
TV: RDS, TSN, NBCSN
Enemy reading: Anaheim Calling
Ducks (projected) lineup:
Injured: Stephane Robidas, Sheldon Souray, Tim Jackman; Scratched: Mark Fistric, Rickard Rakell, Daniel Winnik, Luca Sbisa
Kings (projected) lineup:
Injured: Willie Mitchell, Robyn Regehr; Scratched:
- The Ducks are down two games in this series, so I guess it's just about time for...*checks watch*...yep, lineup changes! Kyle Palmieri will be filling out the Ducks' bottom line, in place of Emerson Etem, who has been sent down to the AHL. Rookie defenceman Sami Vatanen will be replacing Mark Fistric, which is definitely a win for the Ducks, since Mark Fistric is terrible at hockey.
- The Kings have called up all eight million of their black aces, after Manchester's upset loss in the first round of the AHL playoffs, but no lineup changes are anticipated. Based on the lack of news about both Willie Mitchell and Robyn Regehr, it looks like Matt Greene and Jeff Schultz will be playing tonight.
- [Pretend like there is some other news here. There is no other news because this series is actually really boring. I repeat: BRING ME THE HEAD OF FREDERIK ANDERSEN.]
- Against the Sharks, the Kings didn't really wake up and get their shit together until they played their first home game. While the Kings weren't bad in Anaheim like they were in San Jose, they've been playing very conservatively to try to counteract last change, reacting and stifling the Ducks defensively rather than dominating through possession. Without that advantage to worry about at Staples, maybe we'll see the good old Kings again tonight.
- ~Fun With Numbers~ from Extra Skater.
- Prediction: Kings win 5-1, Ryan Getzlaf cries, Joe Thornton is still crying, everything is great.