The two teams see each other for the first time since that fateful day last spring.
LA Kings vs San Jose Sharks (SAP Center)
Time: 7:30 PM Pacific
TV: None tonight
Radio: AM 790 (KABC)
Enemy reading: Fear The Fin
Kings (projected) lineup
Nolan – Kopitar – Brown
King – Richards – Williams
Clifford – Andreoff – Lewis
Pearson – Weal – Cracknell
Muzzin – Doughty
Regehr – Voynov
Martinez – Greene
Scratched: Marian Gaborik, Jarret Stoll, Jeff Carter, Tyler Toffoli, Brayden McNabb and Jeff Schultz
Sharks (projected) lineup
Goldobin – Thornton – Hertl
Marleau – Couture – Nieto
McGinn – Desjardins – Brown
Goodrow – Tierney – Wingels
Irwin – Doherty
Mueller – Burns
Hannan – Fedun
Scratched: Joe Pavelski, John Scott, Marc-Edouard Vlasic, Adam Burish, ?? I don't actually know, sorry
- The highly esteemed Jonathan Quick will be making his preseason debut tonight. How long he plays tonight is basically up to him. Per Jon Rosen, "He’ll tell me when he’s had enough."
- I expect Martin Jones to fill in should Quick decide he's had enough. Or Sutter decides Quick has had enough, whichever comes first.
- Also returning to the lineup tonight will be Drew Doughty, leaving McNabb and Schultz as the likely healthy scratches tonight. Jarret Stoll remains out of the lineup.
- Gaborik apparently suffered some kind of "body" injury during camp and is being held out of his third preseason game.
- Friendly reminder that this is a preseason game so don't freak out too much about the lineup or anything.
- I've made it this far without saying IT WAS 3-0! You should be proud of me for taking the high road.
- Another friendly reminder that the Sharks have stripped the letters from their players. Again. Interim team captains would be a fun storyline to exploit if this game was televised.
- This will be the first time that Joe Thornton and Doughty see each other since Drew opened his big mouth and claimed that he could tell the Sharks were scared, he could see it in their eyes.