The Kings let their penalty troubles get the best of them yet again, but despite allowing one goal while shorthanded, they stepped up in a big way in the third period.
What did you think of each player on the Los Angeles Kings tonight? Give a thumbs up to any player who you thought did well, and a thumbs down to any player you thought had a rough game. (If you're not sure or if you thought a player was "eh", you can simply skip them.) The players will get ranked based on your votes. GO!
Quick postgame thoughts:
- Nick Shore had a lot more of a gripe on Third Period Penalty #2 than on Third Period Penalty #1, but it still might put him in the doghouse.
- Things you don't see often: a 5-on-3 kill without Drew Doughty. With #8 in the penalty box, Darryl Sutter went with Alec Martinez for the full 44 seconds, pairing him with Jake Muzzin then Brayden McNabb.
- What a job by the Kings at the end, preventing Patrick Roy from using his usual aggressive goalie-pulling tactics.
- The Avalanche had just one shot at 5-on-5 in the third period.
- Andy Andreoff got kicked out of the game while carrying a 89% Corsi.