Winning eight games in a row is really hard. Who knew? Now we have to do this after a loss for the first time...
What did you think of each player on the Los Angeles Kings tonight? Give a thumbs up to any player who you thought did well, and a thumbs down to any player you thought had a rough game. (If you're not sure or if you thought a player was "eh", you can simply skip them.) The players will get ranked based on your votes. GO!
Some rapid-fire postgame notes..
- Anze Kopitar scored his fourth goal of the season, but it's zero assists for #11 through 11 games. The only other forwards without an assist are Nick Shore and Andy Andreoff.
- All four Blackhawks goals came off of shots by or primary assists from Jonathan Toews or Patrick Kane.
- Talking point: Should Darryl Sutter have pulled Jonathan Quick when LA went on a power play with 3:20 to go? The point was rendered moot when Alec Martinez and Christian Ehrhoff let Artem Anisimov get behind them near the end of the kill.
- Quick couldn't stop that one, but he denied three or four other breakaways. At the other end, Corey Crawford stopped 19 (!) shots in the third; can't say the Kings went into a shell with the lead.
- Jon Rosen dropped a "park and ride" in the postgame interview with Martinez. The Kings will need to do that as they head to St. Louis tomorrow.