San Diego Gulls @ Ontario Reign (Citizens Business Bank Arena) / Ontario Reign @ Stockton
Thunder Heat (Stockton Arena)
Days: Thursday (CBBA)/Saturday (Stockton Arena)
Time: 7 PM Pacific (Friday), 7:30 PM Pacific (Saturday)
Watch: AHL Live
Ontario Reign Projected Lines
Kempe at center was a short lived experiment that didn't really work so Crescenzi moves from the fourth line to the top line - welcome Top Line Andrew Crescenzi (just doesn't have the same ring at Top Line Trevor Lewis...)
- Derek Arnold had some chances up in San Jose and is a natural center, so that improves his chances of staying in the lineup. However, coming off three consecutive losses, Stothers might be in a bit of a tinkering mood.
- Paul Bissonnette confirmed that he will be in the lineup tonight while Joel Lowry will probably make his pro debut, per Lindsay Czarnecki.
- The Kempe to center experiment continues. Following the Gulls game, Head Coach Mike Stothers said it's a work in progress, but thinks with Kempe's skating, he's capable of "eventually" becoming a very good center.
Stockton Heat Projected Lines
- Prized Flames prospect Jon Gillies left yesterday's game early with an undisclosed lower-body injury. If he can't go, expect Kent Simpson to make his first start of the campaign.
- The Heat are a talented squad that is struggling. Emile Poirier, who notched 19 goals in 55 games last year, hasn't scored yet this season.
San Diego Gulls Projected Lines
- Boy Wonder American Jesus goalie John Gibson is 4-0-0-0 this season with 2.04 GAA and a .931 sv%, which is pretty good.
- Nick Ritchie has eight goals in eight games. No word on any lineup changes from the Gulls, who are coming off a 3-2 OT win over San Antonio on Tuesday.