Los Angeles Kings (Staples Center)
Time: 7:30 PM PST
TV: Fox Sports West
Enemy Reading: Silver Seven Sens
Los Angeles Kings
Scratched: Forbort, Andreoff, Sekera; Injured: Pearson, Martinez; Suspended: Voynov
Scratched: Pumpel; Injured: Smith, Neil, MacArthur, Lehner, Phillips, Anderson, Lehner; Suspended: Cowen
- What is an Andrew Hammond
- (Answer: he's the new starter with both Craig Anderson and Robin Lehner recovering from injuries.)
- The Los Angeles Kings' franchise record winning streak: nine consecutive games. The Kings are currently at eight. You will definitely not hear this mentioned a bunch of times on tonight's broadcast.
- No word on whether Andrej Sekera will make his Kings debut tonight. Even if he waits until tomorrow, there will be plenty of Kings fans in attendance to watch.
- Factoid of the day from the Silver Seven Sens preview: Ottawa's last win in Los Angeles was on January 11, 2000. Radek Bonk, whose nephew (Patrik Bartosak) is now in the Kings' system, assisted on the game-winner.
- Ottawa's three-game winning streak pales in comparison to LA's, but they put a pretty comprehensive beatdown on the Anaheim Ducks yesterday, so let's keep our heads up. Also, thanks again to the NHL schedule makers for giving LA another opponent on a back-to-back; they'll get theirs tomorrow when they drive to the Honda Center.
On this date in 2001, Patrick Lalime became the first #Sens goaltender to win 25 games in one season.— Jen (@NHLhistorygirl) February 26, 2015
- PREDICTION: I yell "BONK BONK BONK" at least once during a stoppage in play.