Time: 4:00 PM PST
TV: Fox Sports West
Enemy Reading: The Cannon
Los Angeles Kings
Scratched: Andreoff; Injured: Pearson, Martinez; Suspended: Voynov
Columbus Blue Jackets
Scratched: None; Injured: Smid
- First, an appreciation of what Robyn Regehr did on Saturday...
- Regehr, along with Matt Greene, should get a whole bunch of ice time today with Alec Martinez out of the lineup. We still don't know the defense pairings, though.
- I could have just written "STOP FEELING SORRY FOR YOURSELVES, KINGS FANS" in place of the Blue Jackets' injury list. My goodness.
- Curtis McElhinney has a .915 save percentage this season, and stopped 34 of 35 on Saturday against Ottawa, so he's not a total disaster in net. Never forget, though, that he played 21 games for Anaheim in 2010-11 and put up an .890 save percentage. Ouch.
- That Saturday game was a strange one. McElhinney and Robin Lehner combined to stop all 46 shots they faced in the first two periods, but the game finished 4-1 after a Columbus outburst.
- Weirder than that? Their prior game, a 7-1 romp over the actually-good St. Louis Blues.
- That doesn't mean LA shouldn't win today. The Columbus bottom six and defensive corps are extremely thin thanks to injuries, and the Blue Jackets have a mere 49 points this season. The Kings aren't going to get the six points we humbly requested on this trip, but winning this game will salvage the journey. A loss will be incredibly discouraging.
- PREDICTION: Jack Johnson and Robyn Regehr go head-to-head a lot, amusing us all.
|No.||Player||Pos||G||A||P||+/-||PIM||S||Hits||BkS||PP TOI||SH TOI||TOI|