Los Angeles Kings @ Winnipeg Jets (Staples Center)
Time: 1:00 PM PST
TV: Fox Sports West, TSN3
Enemy Reading: Arctic Ice Hockey
Los Angeles Kings
Scratched: McBain, Andreoff; Injured: Pearson, Martinez; Suspended: Voynov
Scratched: ; Injured:
- Paul Maurice, on whether Blake Wheeler is returning to the lineup today:
If [Wheeler] comes to the rink [Sunday] feeling the way that he did today, he'll be in the lineup, yes.
- Love this note from Jon Rosen's morning update:
It was a calm night last night, and after walking back from dinner in five degree weather (thank you, NHL, for the Stadium Series beanie), several of us stopped downstairs for a glass of wine. One of our servers told us that she liked this weather because it allowed her to wear her favorite pea green jacket, and not a heavy, winter down parka. Perspective! Let’s keep some of it.As I write this, it's 60 degrees in Los Angeles.
- The Senators' Andrew Hammond completed a sweep of the California teams when Ottawa came back against the Sharks last night. If that helps ease the annoyance of Hammond robbing the Kings on Thursday.
Sutter told us this pm they got several apologies about Williams call and again from Ian Walsh the next day at lak-Ana game— lisa dillman (@reallisa) March 1, 2015
- LA now finds themselves in a dead heat with Calgary (who has played an extra game) for the final playoff spot. Winnipeg is up four points on LA, but LA has two games in hand; a win tonight could help them leap-frog the Jets. As we've mentioned before, avoiding the Central's wild card spot is key, though a second- or third-place finish in the Pacific is much more likely.
- Brayden McNabb scored his first NHL goal SINCE 2011 on Friday. Still rooting very hard for a Nick Shore goal.
- The Kings have earned three points in two games against Winnipeg so far, both at home.
- PREDICTION: Two points.
Go Kings Go.