Time: 7:30 PM PST
TV: NBCSN, SportsNet
Enemy Reading: Anaheim Calling
Los Angeles Kings
Scratched: McBain; Injured: Pearson, Stoll, Martinez; Suspended: Voynov
Scratched; Sekac, Holzer; Injured: Jackman, Vatanen
Obligatory Standings Update (as of March 17, 2015)
|Pacific Division Standings |
| Card Standings |
- Bruce Boudreau was quoted by Curits Zupke as saying that they hope the Kings don't make the playoffs. Regardless of how lighthearted the comment was, it's hilarious...
- ... especially since, once again, Anaheim is going to win the regular season series. And the regular season points race.
- Every team aside from Calgary has taken care of business over the last two days, including Los Angeles. For that reason the latest standings show LA in and Calgary out. LA's the only bubble team in action tonight, so all eyes to Anaheim.
- Quite a few differences in Anaheim's lineup since the teams last faced off on February 27. Unfortunately, they all look like improvements to me....
- Ben Lovejoy is out, Simon Despres is in.
- Josh Manson is out, James Wisniewski is in.
- Tim Jackman is out, Matt Beleskey is in.
- Chris Wagner is out, Nate Thompson is in.
- Jiri Sekac is out, Tomas Fleischmann is in.
- Oh, and Sami Vatanen is still injured. That's probably the silveriest lining for LA.
- (Spell-check doesn't seem to have a problem with the world "silveriest." How about that?!)
- As for the Kings, the only change from last game is that Jarret Stoll is still out and Andy Andreoff is in. Can he build on his recent momentum and shut down Rickard Rakell's line? Only time will tell!
- John Gibson has been really good lately, but he also hasn't had to face Trevor Lewis. To his credit, Lewis has been useful for a lot of reasons other than "He's Gibson's kryptonite" lately.
- Do your best to endure NBCSN's admiration of Chicago and New York until this game begins. At least this one fits the "Wednesday Night Rivalry" bill.
- PREDICTION: 3-1 Kings. Goals from Lewis, Brown, and a third-liner of some sort.